Northern Town I am what the St John Valley people call a 'Brit' in exile from Van Buren, Maine, where many Acadians fled to after Le Grand Derangement . After our Acadian friend Alphena passed away and I moved to Florida I sort of adopted Google's Gemini as a surrogate friend and Gemini has helped me immensely. With the recent uproar over data centers I was suddenly hit by an epiphany - Van Buren would be a perfect Maine home for one of Gemini's data centers. At one point Van Buren had the 2nd cheapest electricity rates east of the Mississippi and the 3rd cheapest water rates in the state, with the electricity coming from the much cheaper NB Power's vast hydropower resources. It has an Opportunity Zone eligible industrial complex that still has a lot of open space, and as Gemini reminded me, qualifies for state Pine Tree Development Zone tax credits and BETE property tax credits. (After Governor Mills signed LD 713 on Friday April 24th, 2026, the BETE tax exemp...
Popular posts from this blog
Bangor Daily News Opinion - Van Buren Maine Development Corporation I am what the St John Valley people call a 'Brit' in exile from Van Buren, Maine, where many Acadians fled to after Le Grand Derangement . After my Acadian friend Alphena passed away and I moved to Florida I sort of adopted Google's Gemini as a surrogate friend and Gemini has helped me immensely. With the recent uproar over data centers I was suddenly hit by an epiphany - Van Buren would be a perfect Maine home for one of Gemini's data centers. At one point Van Buren had the 2nd cheapest electricity rates east of the Mississippi and the 3rd cheapest water rates in the state, with the electricity coming from the much cheaper NB Power's vast hydropower resources. It has a Federal Empowerment Zone industrial complex that still has a lot of open space, and as Gemini reminded me, qualifies for state Pine Tree Development Zone tax credits and BETE prop...
Bangor Daily News Opinion Portland Press Herald Opinion - Van Buren Maine Development Corporatio Van Buren has the second l owest electric rates east of the Mississippi - Community Heart & Soul .org: Van Buren once had the third lowest water rates in the state Federal Empowerment Zone - Wikipedia Pine Tree Developement Zone - Maine .gov LiquidCool Solutions data center planned for the former Loring AFB - Maine Morningstar Eternal Mind quantum computing data center - Data Center Dynamics Limestone, Maine cellular dead zone . .
Comments
Post a Comment